Our year of hell, I mean GEO bachelor tour, is officially over. Our time with cutters has also come to an end with Michael’s warrant commission. We’ve had a month of transition, which was ultimately achieved, but not without bumps. We’ve all learned how to be around one another again, how Michael fits into the routine and how happy the boys are in the garage with dad. One facet of transition that I suppose I expected, however am NOT happy to deal with, is Jessi’s relapse into challenging RAD behaviors that I believe were learned and/or experienced this spring with our failed placement. We (the 4 oldest in the family) have decided on strategies that will make us seem insane at times, but are derived from the book “99 Ways to Drive your Child Sane“. I’ll keep you updated on what I hope to label progress.
Our new routine, new life, has given us a strong ability to take stock in all we’ve accomplished these past 4 years since leaving Kodiak. Follow along with me as I reflect:
- sedated procedures – This one mainly applies to me. Michael was due home, or so I thought, on a Thursday evening and be here in the morning to take me to the surgery center and get the children on buses. When midnight came and there was no Michael and no way to contact him, I rearranged plans. I had Allen miss school to take me while Emma got everyone ready for school and on buses before a friend took her to school late. As the nurse was putting me under, I informed her that I might freak just a tad in my delirious state due to not knowing where my husband was, giving so much responsibility to my 13 year old and having my 16 year old in the waiting room….. No big deal. All went without a hitch and when Michael finally arrived home that afternoon, I tried to contain my desire to kill him and listen to his explanation that he’d asked someone to call me and let me know he’d be a day late…..
- children’s surgeries and procedures – Nick HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE , HERE, oh you get the idea. Matt – HERE
- performances – BAND, CHURCH, CHRISTMAS , RACES, CONCERTS, HORSE, FOOTBALL,
- trips – DISNEY, ALASKA, WEST TEXAS, CALIFORNIA, FLORIDA, NEW ORLEANS, GRAND ISLE
- celebrations – ALLEN’S BIRTHDAY, CHIEF’S ACADEMY, AWARDS, HOMECOMINGS
- flooding – IKE WATER, IKE DAMAGE, IKE RESTORATION, THE SECOND FLOOD